How To Fix ‘Epson Printer Says ‘offline’ How get it back ‘online’
Generally speaking, every Epson printer user faces the problem of “offline”. There can be various reasons for which the “Epson Printer Offline” issue appears and bothers its users. Frequently speaking, the Epson printer goes offline when the connection is lost. For bringing it back online, you should ensure that your Epson printer is properly connected to your computer system.
By examining wide range of Epson printer users, we can sum up a few factual reasons for the occurrence of the Epson Printer Offline and they are: –
- 1. Major Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- Your Epson Printer is not selected as a default printer
- By mistake, Use Printer Offline Button is clicked by the user
- The print queue might be jammed inside the printer
- Connectivity problem between your Epson Printer and your PC
- Major Hardware or Software Issues
- Slow or Stopped “Spooler” service
- Incorrect Printer Settings
- Outdated Printer Driver
Methods to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Offline Error
We will discuss the helpful methods to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Offline Error in detail: –
- Step 1- Reconnecting your Epson Printer with your Computer- Many Epson printer users neglect this aspect and jump directly to the advanced printer troubleshooting. If your Epson Printer is not well-connected to your computer system then it can be the probable reason for the offline issue. In many cases, it has been observed that loose wires and connections are the real culprits that cause an offline issue. For securing the connections, you are advised to follow these steps: –
- Firstly, you should check all the connectors
- Now, you should press them gently to their places
- In case, if an offline error is not resolved then you should disconnect them. If you hear the sound of “nick” then it implies that you have connected the cables properly.
- If your cables are not properly connected then try replacing them with a new one.
- If still, your Epson Printer is showing offline status then you should move to the next steps
- Step-2 Manually setting your Epson Printer to Online Mode- It has been observed that many people don’t pay heed to manual setting for their Epson Printer on their computer system. These manual settings are meant to operate your Epson Printer when it is not connected to the internet. Nonetheless, they create an error when you are trying to print your documents online and your Epson printer is still offline. For matching the settings, you are supposed to follow these steps: –
For users working on Windows 7
- First of all, you are supposed to tap the Windows icon on your computer.
- Next, you should select the Control Panel option.
- Now, you should hit the Devices and Printers menu.
For users working on Windows 8.1 and above
- For users working on Windows 8.1 and above, they should click the Start icon and then go to the Settings menu.
- Now, you should click the Devices option.
- Next, you should choose the Printers and Scanners menu.
- Thereafter, you should scroll the list, then locate your Epson printer’s icon, and right-click on it.
- Next, you should click and see what’s printing from the drop-down list.
- A new window will be opening up, and then you should click the printer tab.
- Finally, the Epson printer offline error is automatically fixed once you choose the Use Printer Online option from the list.
- Step3- Deleting the pending print jobs from the queue- The pending printing jobs are those jobs that fails to print and get accumulated in the print queues. Consequently, these pending print jobs can create many problems, if not removed from the system. You are advised to follow these steps to delete the pending print jobs: –
- For removing the pending print jobs, you should go to the Devices and Printers section under the Control Panel.
- Next, you should right-click on the Epson printer and then choose to see what’s printing.
- Now, you should select all the print jobs, and then right-click and select Cancel to remove them.
- Thereafter, you should click over the Use Printer Online option.
- Finally, you should restart your Epson Printer and Computer to resolve the “offline” error. In case, if your printer driver is corrupted then it won’t let your Epson Printer get back on track.
- It’s better to move to the next step. The next step is to reinstall your Epson Printer
- Step4- Reinstalling your Epson Printer- This step can resolve many issues, including the troublesome offline error. You can reinstall your Epson Printer from the Epson official website by following these steps: –
- Firstly, you should open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows and R keys.
- Next, you should type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Subsequently, the device manager window will be popping up. You should locate your Epson printer in the list.
- Now, you should right-click on the printer icon, click over the Epson printer icon.
- Next, you should choose the options Uninstall.
- Similarly, you should go to the Printers and Scanner menu in the Control Panel.
- Now, you should click the Epson printer, and choose Remove device.
- Thereafter, you should navigate to the Epson printer official website, and then enter your printer model in the required field, and download the drivers.
- Finally, you should go to the download folder, and double-click the installer file to start reinstalling drivers.
We hope and wish that these methods to troubleshoot the worrisome Epson Printer Offline issue will prove helpful to you. In case, if you are not able to fix this issue then you should contact Epson Printer Customer Service, and get their technical support.