How can we resolve the Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages issue?
Epson, a well-renowned global printer brand, is conquering new heights by producing innovative and ground-breaking products. Epson printer printing blank pages are one of the prominent errors that many users face. Every time Epson users get blank pages from their printers; it is referred to as a blank page error. In many cases, this error is due to low ink levels in the ink cartridge or incorrect print settings. For users, it’s important to find the exact cause of this error so that it can be resolved successfully.
Now, we will find the various reasons for the Epson printer printing blank pages error and troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Main Reasons for the Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Error
In the below-listed points, we are detailing the main reasons behind the Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Error: –
- Your Ink Cartridges are Empty
- Nozzles are Clogged
- Printer Drivers are not properly installed
- Using the wrong size of paper
- Any type of problem which is related to the software installed on your Epson printer
- Any type of problem which is related to the Cartridge Installation
Proper Diagnosis before Resolving the Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Problem
Before initiating the troubleshooting procedures, it’s wise to perform a few diagnostic tests to find out the exact reasons behind the Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages problem.
- You should first ensure that your Epson printer is placed on a flat and firm surface
- Now, during the installation time, you should check whether the yellow tape was taken away from the ink cartridge.
- Next, you should check whether the layout settings, size of the paper, and other printing settings are correct or not.
- This would help you if you have replaced or substituted an old ink cartridge.
- Thereafter, you are advised to use paper that meets the specifications of your Epson printer product.
- Finally, users should make sure that there isn’t any blank page in the documents they are printing.
Troubleshooting Methods to fix Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Problem
We will now broadly discuss various Troubleshooting Methods to fix Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Problem.
- Properly inspecting your Epson printer’s ink cartridges
Firstly, you are supposed to check the ink cartridges of your Epson printer. For performing this quality check, there are 3 situations. In the first situation, the ink level is low, so you are advised to replace the ink cartridge and this will resolve the issue. In the second situation, a single cartridge is out of ink, and you cannot print when a single ink cartridge is consumed even if the others are not, as per the Epson user’s manual. So, you are advised to substitute the consumed cartridge with a new one to resolve this issue. In the third situation, users substituted a cartridge, but they didn’t remove the protected tape. The new cartridges provide protective tape that prevents ink from leaking and protects the print nozzles. Now, you should be cautious with the extra transparent plastic and it’s advisable not to take it away or the cartridge will malfunction.
- Properly cleaning the nozzles and the printer’s printhead
Now, imagine if you face the Epson printer printing blank pages error even after refilling or changing the ink cartridges. In such a situation, you are supposed to check for clogging in the printhead. You are advised to command a Print a nozzle check pattern, but before it, make sure that there are no errors being indicated by the LCD screen of your Epson printer.
Now, you should follow the below-listed steps: –
- Firstly, you should press the Epson printer’s Home button and then select the Setup option.
- Now, you should navigate to the option of Maintenance.
- Next, you are supposed to choose the Printhead Nozzle Check option.
- Subsequently, your Epson printing device will check it by printing a document.
- Thereafter, it will be displaying the four shaded networks and communicate to you regarding the blocked nozzle.
- Now, if you see any blackout lines or holes, you should choose the Clean the printhead option and then select the Proceed option.
- To conclude, whenever your Epson printer is in the process of a cleaning cycle, please don’t shut it.
- Updating your Epson Printer Driver
The outdated Epson Printer Driver can be one of the major reasons behind the Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Problem. Therefore, you are advised to update with the latest printer driver.
For doing it, you should follow the below-listed steps: –
- Firstly, you should visit the official page of the Epson printer and then look for the Epson printer model you are presently using.
- Now, you should tap on the specific model and get the drivers for it and then tap the ‘Download’ button.
- After successfully downloading the desired printer driver, you should whether the issue is resolved or not.
Your Epson printer software for Windows will automatically check for driver updates. In addition, you can also modify or configure how frequently the Epson printer software should check for updates.
Now, you should follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Firstly, you should right-click the icon of your Epson printer in the Windows taskbar.
- Now, you should choose Auto Update Settings.
- Subsequently, you will be noticing the window of Epson Driver Update Settings.
- Next, if you desire to change the frequency with which the software checks for updates, you should choose the setting in the Check every menu.
- If you want to disable the automatic update functionality, you should choose the Never option.
- Now, you should hit Apply and then click OK.
- If users have selected to disable the automatic update feature, it’s always wise to check for printer driver updates regularly.
- Updating your Epson printer’s firmware
The outdated firmware version can be one of the exact causes of the Epson printer print blank pages issue. Your Epson printer will start to operate efficiently if you update its firmware with the updated version. If you are working on a Windows 10 system, then you can update the firmware by tapping on the Start menu and then moving to the option of Epson Software Updater.
In case, if you do not have the utility of Epson Software Updater on your windows system, then you are supposed to follow these steps.
- From the utility option of the Support page of the Epson website, you should select your printer’s model from the list of available printer models.
- Now, you are supposed to tap on the checkbox button for selecting your system updater.
- Next, you should Tap the option of Install.
- Thereafter, you should follow the guidelines on your system screen for updating the firmware.
- After its successful completion, you should tap the Finish button.
- Making desired modifications to printing preferences
According to technical experts, the desired modifications to printing preferences can play a pivotal role in resolving the Epson printer print blank pages issue.
You are supposed to enter the printing preferences and then properly check that you have selected the option of ‘Skip Blank Page.’
In the below-listed points, there are steps to change printing preferences on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- You should first navigate to Control Panel
- Next, you should tap Printer, which is present under the option of Hardware and Sound.
- Now, you should navigate to Printing Preferences which can be done by right-clicking on your specific printer model.
- Thereafter, you should click Maintenance and enter Extended Settings.
- Now, you should see that you have selected Skip Blank Page.
- Finally, you should choose OK
- Firstly, you should go to Devices and Printers.
- Next, you should right-click on your Epson printer and choose Printing Preferences.
- Now, you should tap on the option of Maintenance and then navigate to Extended Settings.
- Thereafter, you should find Skip Blank Page and choose it.
- Finally, you should hit OK
- Firstly, users should tap on Control Panel from the Apps screen.
- Next, you should the option Hardware and Sound.
- Now, you should Devices and Printers.
- Thereafter, you should right-click on your Epson printer and choose Printing Preferences.
- Now, you should navigate to Maintenance
- Next, you should select the Extended Settings option.
- Thereafter, you should choose the option of Skip Blank Page.
- Finally, you should tap OK
- Firstly, users should navigate to Settings for changing their printing preferences.
- Next, you should select Devices.
- Now, you should select Printers & Scanners and choose your specific Epson printer model.
- Thereafter, you should tap Manage and then open Printing Preferences.
- Now, you should choose Maintenance and then click the option of Extended Settings.
- Finally, you should choose Skip Blank Page and then hit OK.
- Installing the Reimage Tool
There are many Epson printer problems that are related to corrupted system files. Reimage is a remarkable tool that successfully repairs and rebuilds Windows. The tool is custom-made for your particular system and works in an automatic and private way. The users should not bother about any loss of their personal data or programs. It will not harm their computer system in any way.
You should the below-mentioned steps: –
- Firstly, you should download Reimage and then install it on your system.
- Now, you should launch the tool and execute a free scan and this scan will last for a few minutes.
- The users will automatically view the summary of all the problems detected on your system.
- Finally, you should tap START REPAIR to get all the problems fixed automatically. The users should note that they have to buy its full version.
We hope that the abovementioned solutions will help you in successfully fixing the Epson printer print blank pages issue. If you encounter any problem related to this issue then you can freely contact our technical support team.