HP printer Not responding
For its reliable printing quality and multifaceted features, HP Printers are widely appreciated and used by people worldwide. For decades, people have thoroughly enjoyed its useful features like printing, scanning, photocopy with colour, and black and white photocopy. Besides all these positive attributes, users face a few roadblocks that hamper their printing experience. Against all odds, users experience HP printers suddenly getting switched to stand by/off state and not responding to any print command sent by the user. For this reason, they receive messages like HP printer Not responding and the HP printer won’t print. It’s a confusing as well as exasperating experience for users and they try to seek reasons for this malfunctioning.
Basic Reasons for Why HP printer Not responding message
At times, users sent the print command to their HP printers and they don’t respond to it. The basic reason behind this is: –
- No printing Signal
- BSOD (Blue Screen on Death) on Operating System
- 3D printer manager error
- 3D printers No indicator light
- Update HP printer driver as Outdated printer may cause an error
Generally speaking, the message of HP printer Not responding is caused by an incompatible driver. There might be a probability that your driver is either outdated or corrupted and so it is stopping you from your printing tasks. Likewise speaking, it can also be due to your Printer Spooler service and you need to restart the service for it to work again.
For fixing issues like HP printer Not responding and the HP printer won’t print, we provide a few optimum solutions that will help users in confronting this HP Printer offline issues.
- Restarting the Printer Spooler Service by following these steps
If your HP printer Not responding happens because of the malfunctioning of your computer’s Printer Spooler Service, then you are advised to restart the service to repair it. Now, do follow these steps properly: –
- Firstly, you should press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard, and then type services.msc into the Run box
- Now, the Printer Spooler may be found by scrolling down, and so do restart it by right-clicking it.
- Next, do check whether your HP printer can print right now.
- Reinstalling the printer driver
For reinstalling the printer driver, you are supposed to follow these steps: –
- Firstly, you should press Windows + R on your keyboard and type devmgmt.msc.
- Now, you should increase the size of the Printers category and then pick Uninstall device from the context menu when you right-click your printer.
- Next, you should select the option and remove the device’s driver program and confirm by clicking Uninstall.
- You will find that the Printers category is now defunct and so you can either use Driver Easy to install the newest driver in 2 clicks or follow the below-mentioned steps to do it manually if you wish
- You should first go to Devices > Settings.
- Now, you should Select Printers & scanners from the left pane.
- Next, you should pick your printer by clicking Add a printer or a scanner.
- The problem of the “printer driver not available” will be resolved, once the printer is ready to use. Later, you can print a test page to view whether the problem still exists or not.
- Using the following generic driver
The manufacturer’s driver may be at fault if the printer driver has been updated and the HP printer is still not responding. Consequently, you can make use of the generic driver, by following these steps: –
- Firstly, you should press Windows + R on your keyboard and type devmgmt.msc.
- Now, you are supposed to increase the size of the Printer’s category and then pick Update driver from the context menu when you right-click your printer.
- Next, you should select Look for drivers on my machine
- Thereafter, you should choose Allow me for selecting a driver from a list of options on my PC.
- In the next step, you should choose Generic printer device and click Next.
- Finally, the driver should be updated to work with the generic device. You can check the printer’s status.
- In case, if you are facing the problem of an HP printer won’t print then it is advisable to do a Windows update or use the built-in Window trouble-shooter.
Using the Windows Trouble-shooter
After sincerely attempting all the above-mentioned solutions, if the problem of HP printer Not responding still persists then you may ask for Windows Trouble-shooter. Now, do the follow these steps: –
- Firstly, you should press Win + R on your keyboard, and then type control into the Run box.
- Now, you should click Device and Printers after selecting large icons.
- Next, you should select Troubleshoot from the context menu when you right-click your printer.
- Finally, for completing the troubleshooting, you are advised to follow the on-screen directions
To conclude, if you are facing the problem of HP printer Not responding, solutions like restarting the Printer Spooler and installing the printer driver generally help. If you have any other questions, queries, or concerns, then contact the HP service centre.
Fixing HP printer Not responding in Windows 10
In the present working scenario, Windows 10 is the most preferred operating system worldwide. While printing a document on Windows 10, if you are getting the message of HP printer Not responding, it’s possible that message is caused by a minor error, which can be easily rectified.
- If Windows 10, the HP printer is not responding then it is believed that Wireless printers fail to react because of poor connection between the PC and the printer.
- For dealing with such problems, it’s advisable to turn off the antivirus and firewall for a while and look out for the results.
- The next major step should be uninstalling the third-party antivirus software (if any).
- If it does not resolve the problem then you should try another antivirus. It’s advisable to find software that won’t create any type of problem with the system.
- For verifying the proper working of the HP printer, it’s important to look out at the connection between the printer and the desktop or laptop, and see if they are properly connected.
- There is the possibility that the problem lies with the USB itself. In such a case, you should try connecting it to another USB port.
- In the next step, you should go for the Printer Troubleshooter.
- To perform this action, you should launch the Settings App and select Update and Security from the drop-down menu.
- Now, do choose Troubleshoot from the left-hand menu, and then Printer from the right-hand menu.
- Thereafter, you should click Run the Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen directions to finish the operation.
- The outdated drivers can be another source of the message HP printer Not responding. It can be resolved by simply updating the most recent drivers from the Device Manager section.
- Next, you should choose a Printer from the list of devices and then click Update driver.
- Thereafter, you should choose to search Automatically for Updated Drivers, and Windows will find and download the most appropriate driver.
Fixing HP printer Not responding on Mac OS
While working on your Mac OS, there are possibilities that your HP printer won’t print. For confronting these problems, you should follow these procedures: –
- Checking out the connection to the printer- Due to connectivity issues, your HP printer might occasionally display an error message HP printer Not responding. If you are receiving this message then do check your connection first.
- Checking connection through USB- Do follow these steps: –
- You should first turn off your HP printer and then wait for a few seconds.
- Now, you should remove the USB that connects your HP printer to your computer
- For sealing the connection, you should switch on the printer again by applying some pressure
- Finally, do run a printing test
- Checking connection through the Internet- Do follow these steps: –
- Firstly, after restarting your HP printer, you should restart your computer and determine to find the actual status of your problem.
- Now, you should wait for few seconds before checking the network connection again.
- Next, you should go to system preferences by clicking on the Apple symbol on your iMac.
- For accessing the printer list, you should select one of the following options: Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print and Scan.
Finally, you are advised to select HP Printer from the drop-down menu and then click OK.