WHY WON’T MY HP PRINTER TURN ON
HP, one of the biggest brands in the business arena of printers, has been producing a wide range of advanced, reliable, and upbeat printers. Against all odds, even the most sophisticated HP printer encounters various problems. For this reason, the users report that their HP printer won’t turn on. While performing printing tasks, their HP printer shuts down abruptly. Despite desperate measures, the users must be thinking- Why won’t my HP printer turn on? Commonly speaking, there can be any hardware issues and so it’s important to fix them.
To confront the problem of – the HP printer won’t turn on, we will be providing a few effective ways that can solve this problem.
Effective Solutions when users face HP Offline issues like- Why won’t my HP printer turn on?
Now, we will be discussing effective solutions to apply when your HP printer won’t turn on.
- Examining the Power Source with a Different Chord- Besides hardware issues, poor connection can be a common cause of the printer not turning on. You should find out whether your power source is functioning properly or not. In case, if you have a different power then do link it to the printer and a functioning power outlet. Do follow these steps: –
- Firstly, you should unplug the cord from its power strip or wall outlet
- Now, do link your HP printing device to another working outlet
- Next, you should switch on your HP printer
- If your HP printer turns on then you can stop here. If not, then do follow the next step.
- You are supposed to find a cord with the same connection as the HP printing device’s power cord.
- Now, you should link the cord to the wall outlet and to the HP printer.
- Finally, you should switch on your HP printer. Now, it should turn on.
- Performing a Manual Reset in restoring the Printer’s Power after a Power Outage- After a power outage, if you are thinking- Why won’t my HP printer turn on? the reason can be any type of electrical damage. It has been observed that power outages are the main reasons for HP printers malfunctioning. You can execute a manual reset and can make your HP printer turn on, by following these steps in sequence: –
- Firstly, you should disconnect the power supply from your HP printer.
- Now, do take away the ink cartridges
- Do wait for 1 minute or 60 seconds
- Next, do link the power cord back to your HP printer
- Thereafter, do switch your HP printer. If you notice that your HP printer still has no power, then do follow these steps
- You should replace the printer ink cartridges. If there are any open doors or lids then you should close them.
- Next, do try turning your HP printer on once again, if it hasn’t turned on.
After performing these steps, if you are still facing the problem of the HP printer won’t turn on, then there can be a possibility that the blackout has permanently damaged it. Now, you are advised to consult a technician for the optimum solution.
- 3. Disconnecting the USB Connector- If you are feeling Why won’t my HP printer turn on? then do try this method. You should disconnect the USB connector, which is placed at the back of your HP printer, and then turn on your HP printer. If your HP printer is starting perfectly then the problem lies in the USB wire. Hence, the best option is either to remove or replace it.
- Setting your HP printer as the default- While attempting printing tasks, if the problem HP printer won’t turn on persists, then you must be mistakenly sending the print jobs to the wrong printer. While sending a printing request, Windows will be transmitting that printing job to the default printer. If you observe that nothing is printing then there might be a possibility that you have not set your HP printer to the default. Now, do follow these steps to set your HP printer as the default one
- Firstly, you should navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ and then choose ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now, you should locate your HP printer in the printing device’s list.
- Next, do right-tap it and then choose ‘Set as default printer’
- Finally, you should tap ‘Yes’ when there is a confirmation prompt.
- After a Paper Jam, do turn your HP printer on- In case, if your HP printer has encountered a paper jam, it will impair many normal functions of your HP printer. You should shut down your HP printing device, while the backup was still there. You are supposed to follow these steps to restore power to it.
- Firstly, you should take away all the papers and then clear the paper jam
- Now, you should inspect the trays, rollers, and other metal parts of your HP printer
- Next, do take away the paper in the feed
- Thereafter, you should reload the paper and fan the pages to avoid them from getting stuck together and causing the paper to jam
- Now, you should unplug your HP printing device from its outlet
- Next, you should disconnect the cords that are attached to your HP printing device.
- You should wait for 30 to 40 seconds
- Now, you should connect the power cord to your HP printer’s rear
- Next, you should plug your HP printer into outlet
- Finally, you should hit the power button
- Inspecting if the External Power Module is compatible with your HP printer- If your HP printer is utilizing an external power supply and still you are questioning Why won’t my HP printer turn on? It implies that there is some type of incompatibility between the wall outlet, power module, and power cord. Therefore, it is highly advisable that you should check that the external power module is fully compatible with your HP printer. Now, do follow these steps: –
- Firstly, you should find out the specification of the external power module
- Now, you should check that the voltage and amperage specifications on the power module match both of these specifications on your HP printer.
- In case, if the printer module is incompatible then you should immediately get a replacement module that works well with your HP printer model.
- The users can find many more options for it by navigating to the HP Parts Store website.
- Recycling power to your HP printer- The resetting of the power module is another effective measure to be implemented. If you discover that your HP printer won’t turn on then do follow these steps to recycle power to your HP printer.
- Firstly, you should disconnect the power cord from your HP printing device
- Now, you should take away the power cords from its wallet
- After disconnecting your HP printer for a minute, you should reconnect the cord to your HP printer
- Next, you should plug the cord directly into its wall socket
- Thereafter, you are supposed to follow these steps to begin the power on/off cycle, according to your printer model
- HP printers that have a ‘Power’ button, should be pressed and released this button
- HP printers that have a ‘Power’ switch should press this switch to the OFF position, and then press the button to the ON position.
- If your HP printing device fails to switch on then wait for 10 seconds and press the power button.
- Unrestricting your HP printer from a Shutdown Loop- You should follow these steps to free your HP printer from a Shutdown Loop: –
- Firstly, you are supposed to download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Now, you should use an Ethernet Cable or a USB to connect the printer
- While your HP printing device is on, you should run HP Print and Scan Doctor
- You should scan for printers that are available
- Finally, you should the option of ‘Fix Printing’
To conclude, whenever you are facing the problem of HP printer won’t turn on, do follow these solutions properly. If still, you feel that Why won’t my HP printer turn on? then do connect with HP customer support services. You will get suitable assistance from their technical experts in resolving any type of HP printer related problems.
How to Reach Our On-Call Support Team
Getting the help, you need is just a phone call away:
Call our Support Hotline: Dial +1 832-546-0604 to connect with one of our friendly support agents.
Email Support: If you prefer to communicate via email, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Live Chat: Visit our website and use our live chat feature to chat with a support representative in real-time.