What are troubleshooting methods to resolve the HP Printer Paper Jam issues?
In every HP printer, HP Printer Paper Jam is a frequently occurring technical glitch and there are many reasons behind it. Before proceeding further with effective troubleshooting methods to resolve, we should first discuss the effective reasons behind it.
Practical Reasons behind the HP Printer Paper Jam Issues
Let’s discuss the practical reasons behind the HP Printer Paper Jam Issues.
- Installation of incorrect size and type of paper in your HP printer’s tray
- Filling paper tray with abundant papers, crossing the allowed limit of papers
- Papers stuck in the paper’s tray
- Accumulated Dust in your HP printer
Effective troubleshooting methods to resolve HP Printer Paper Jam issues
We will now discuss the effective troubleshooting methods that will help us in fixing the HP Printer Paper Jam issues.
- Removing Jammed Papers from the HP printer’s cover
If you are facing these issues then you should check the front cover of your HP printer. If you find any jammed papers on the front cover then you should carefully pull them out and try again. It is the most basic and effective troubleshooting method used by many users.
- Clearing out Paper Jam from the HP printer’s Input and Output Tray
You should follow the below-mentioned steps to clear out the jammed papers from your HP printer’s input and output tray.
- Firstly, you should remove papers from the input tray if you find any stuck papers
- Now, you should turn on your HP printer by simply pressing its power button
- Next, you should take away the power cables from the backside of the printer
- Besides this, you should also check the input tray for any stuck paper.
- In case, if you find any piece of paper stuck there, then you should pull that paper out of the tray.
- Finally, you should connect the power cables and then try again
Clearing out Output Tray
- To begin with, you should turn off your HP printer
- Now, you should remove the power cord from your HP printer
- Next, you should check the output tray whether any paper is stuck in there or not.
- If there are any papers then you should take them out
- Lastly, you will observe the fixing of the HP Printer Paper Jam issues
Clearing Out Automatic Document Feeder
You are advised to open the ADF cover and then take out the jammed paper from it. After doing it, you can try out printing your tasks with your HP printer.
- Clearing out Debris accumulated inside your HP printer
- To begin with, you should power off your device and then remove all cables from it.
- Now, you should remove stuck papers from the given areas such as the ink or toner cartridge, input tray, & bottom cleanout door.
- Next, you should replace the parts you remove and make sure to close all opened doors.
- In the next step, you should attach all power cords or cables to your HP printer.
- Lastly, you should turn on your HP printer and give a print command to check whether the HP Printer Paper Jam issue is resolved or not.
- Checking out Paper Feed Rollers for Stuck Papers
- The cleaning process of the feed rollers can be initiated by turning off your printer and removing all attached power cables.
- Now, you should open the “Input Tray” and find grey paper rollers.
- Next, you should remove all the dirt carefully and gently using your hands-on rollers.
- After effectively cleaning the paper feed rollers, you should place them back in the printer and ensure they are completely dry.
- Thereafter, you should connect all power cords again to your HP printer.
- Finally, you should power on your HP printer and then conduct a print test.
- Cleaning out your HP printer rollers
- Firstly, you should make sure that all the papers from the input tray are removed.
- Next, you should press the “Down arrow” to choose “Settings” and then press “Ok”.
- Once again, you should press the “Down arrow” button to select “Tools”, and then press “Ok”.
- Thereafter, you should select “Clean paper feed” and then press “Ok”.
- You are advised to wait until the printer stops the cleaning process completely before you continue.
- Finally, you should print a test page
- Resetting your HP printer
- Firstly, you should power on your HP printer
- Now, you should remove the power cords from your HP printer
- Next, you should unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Thereafter, you should wait for some time and then plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Once again, you should connect the cords to your HP printer.
- Finally, you should turn on your HP printer device
- Checking Print Carriage for Suitable Functioning
- Firstly, you should remove the power cord of your HP printer
- Next, you should move the carriage of your HP printer from the side to side. Nevertheless, you should make sure that you do not force the carriage for moving.
- Now, you should try rotating the rollers of the printer, if the carriage is unable to move easily.
- To conclude, you should ensure that the movement of the carriage and rollers are smooth and effortless.
In this article, we have comprehensively discussed all the effective troubleshooting methods to fix the HP printer paper jam issues. If you still face any issues then you should contact our technical support team.
How to Reach Our On-Call Support Team
Getting the help, you need is just a phone call away:
Call our Support Hotline: Dial +1 832-546-0604 to connect with one of our friendly support agents.
Email Support: If you prefer to communicate via email, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Chat: Visit our website and use our live chat feature to chat with a support representative in real-time.