Xerox printer offline
Xerox Printers Customer Services
MY XEROX PRINTER IS OFFLINE; MOREOVER, HOW DO I FIX IT?
When it comes to photo and printing equipment production, Xerox Printers have always set the standard. The Xerox printers can print anything, from office documents to giant, beautiful posters. However, the offline Xerox printer issue can make using these printers difficult and frustrating for users.
WHY IS MY XEROX PRINTER OFFLINE
Is the offline error also affecting your Xerox printer? Don’t stress.
We have a workable solution to this issue. But do you have any idea why your Xerox printer stopped working? The problem arises for a variety of reasons, including:
● Printer, computer, and router communication are disrupted by loose wires and USB cables.
● The system is experiencing difficulties due to the print jobs in the queues.
● Printing is hampered by a Windows OS print driver that is out-of-date and incompatible.
● An offline message is shown on your Xerox printer because you manually set it to operate offline.
● Resetting or restarting your Xerox printer is required for minor technical issues.
● Your printer is offline as a result of the activated SNMP status (Simple Network Management Protocol).
HOW DO I RESTORE ACCESS TO MY OFFLINE XEROX PRINTER?
The best ways to fix offline errors are covered in this section. All of these steps must be taken exactly as described here. You can stop troubleshooting once the issue has been resolved. Let’s do it now.
1. Examine the USB Cables and Network Wires
Depending on whether your Xerox printers are Ethernet-connected or wireless, you will need to follow these steps.
● Verify that the Ethernet wires are not frayed or worn out by looking at them.
● Verify that the Ethernet connector is not damaged by disconnecting it from the router and printer.
● Now, connect it to the printer and router (listen for a click).
● Verify that the router’s internet lights are flashing correctly.
● Check that your computer’s WiFi icon in the System Tray is connected to your local router if you are using a wireless one.
● Make sure your computer and Xerox are connected to the same network.
● Switching the Ethernet and USB cable to the new wire is the last resort to ensure that this segment is fault-free.
2. Software Reset for Your Xerox Printer
To reset the software, use the Control Panel on your printer. This procedure will delete the system and network controller’s temporary files.
● Make sure the printer is turned on.
● Allow the Control Panel to be illuminated and displayed.
● Now, press the side panel’s login/Out button.
● Enter the credentials if it asks for the System Administrator.
● Click the Machine Status button located at the bottom of the display.
● Click Troubleshooting by touching the screen’s Tools tab.
● Under the Features section, select Resets.
● Select Software Reset now.
● Select Reset from All Software under Reset Options.
● Your Xerox will begin to reboot at this point, and you won’t be able to print from it until the process is finished.
● Power off/on the Xerox using the next step if the software reset did not bring the printer back online.
3. Turn the Xerox off and on.
● This step will assist you in clearing the printer’s volatile memory. Because an incorrect shutdown could cause damage to the internal hard drive or cause a printer to malfunction, follow the steps in the correct order.
● Before turning off the Xerox, save all documents and ensure that nothing is awaiting printing.
● Now, look in the small slot below the Control Panel for the secondary power button. The precise location can be found in the printer manual.
● Whenever you locate it, turn it off.
● After ten seconds, turn off the touch panel completely.
● You must now open the printer’s side panel and turn off the main switch.
● Shut off the panel.
● Before turning on the Xerox printer, you must now wait at least two minutes.
● Close the cover and turn on the Xerox by turning on the main switch under the side panel.
● Now, check to see if the Xerox printer offline disappears by activating the secondary power button.
4. Clear the print queues
● For Windows 10, clear the print queues by typing devices and printers into the search bar and pressing enter.
● From the list of printers, pick your Xerox printer.
● Select Open Print Queues.
● Select Remove All Documents from the Printer menu.
● When you manually deselect the Use Printer Offline option, the problem with the Xerox printer offline in Windows 10 will be resolved.
● Search for Printers and Scanners in Windows 7.
● Launch the Printer menu now.
● Right-click over your Xerox printer to locate it.
● Open Print Queues will appear.
● Click Remove after selecting all of the documents in the queues.
● Uncheck Use Printer Offline once more by right-clicking on the Xerox icon.
5. Manually change your Xerox printer to online
● Press the login / Out button on the side panel next to the touch screen.
● Enter the credentials into the login window. If this is your first time entering these details, type “admin” for the Username and “1111” for the Password (no “marks”).
● Click Finish.
● Press the Machine Status button right now.
● Select the Tools tab from the Machine Status menu.
● Select Network Settings now.
● You must select Online from the two choices—online or offline.
● Select “Close.”
● Select Log Out by pressing the login/Out button once more.
6. Deactivate the SNMP printer status in the port
● For Windows 7, navigate to the Start menu on your computer to deactivate the SNMP Status in the printer port.
● In the list, choose the Control Panel option.
● Select the Devices and Printers option from the Control Panel menu.
● Keep an eye on your Xerox printer.
● Right-click the Xerox icon.
● Select the Printer Properties option.
● Now select Configure Port from the Ports menu.
● To confirm the settings, uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled option and click OK.
● Following these steps resolves the offline issue with the Windows 7 Xerox printer.
● Windows 10 users should enter “Devices and Printers” in the search field and hit Enter.
● Click your Xerox printer now.
● Select “Manage.”
● Right now, select Printer Properties.
● Click the Ports tab in the Properties window that opens up.
● After choosing Configure Port, uncheck the SNMP Enabled option.
● To confirm the setting, click OK.
7. Reinstall the Xerox printer
If the steps above do not work, you will need to follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.
● First, press Enter after typing the CMD.
● Type print /s /t2 to open the Command Prompt on the black screen.
● The window for Print Server Properties will now open.
● Select Remove the Driver by right-clicking on the Xerox printer here.
● Close every window.
● Now navigate to the “Devices and Printers” section.
● Click Add Printer.
● The list of printers will appear on the screen; select your Xerox printer.
● To reinstall the printer and drivers, continue to follow the on-screen instructions.
NEED AN INSTANT SOLUTION?
These are the seven actions you should follow to fix the offline Xerox printer issue. Errors in the network connection and frayed connections or wires are most likely to blame for the issue. In other instances, SNMP status activation and port setup are to blame. If the first procedure does not yield the desired results, you will have to reinstall the printer as a final resort. To allow our printer support experts to handle the offline issue and save you time, you can also get in touch with them.